There are several reasons why you should report your OWCP claim to your supervisor:
- It is required by law. In most states, federal employees are required to report their workplace injuries and illnesses to their supervisors as soon as possible. This is so that your employer can begin the process of filing your OWCP claim and providing you with the necessary medical care and other benefits.
- Your supervisor can help you with the claims process. Your supervisor can provide you with information about the OWCP claims process and help you complete the necessary paperwork. They can also help you coordinate your medical care and other benefits with OWCP.
- Your supervisor can help you stay at work. If you are able to continue working after your injury or illness, your supervisor can help you make accommodations so that you can safely do your job.
- If you do not report your OWCP claim to your supervisor, you may delay the claims process and miss out on important benefits. You may also be putting yourself at risk of further injury or illness if you do not receive the proper medical care.
Here are some specific things that your supervisor can do to help you with your OWCP claim:
- Provide you with information about the OWCP claims process and help you complete the necessary paperwork.
- Assist you in coordinating your medical care and other benefits with Denton OWCP.
- Make accommodations at work so that you can safely do your job while you are recovering from your injury or illness.
- Protect your job rights while you are out of work due to your work injury or illness.
If you have any questions or concerns about reporting your OWCP claim to your supervisor, you should talk to your supervisor directly or contact OWCP for assistance.